Nygreen Management is a consulting practice of Dr. Nancy
Nygreen, a market researcher well known for her customer satisfaction research.
As a sole practitioner since 1994, Nancy maintains a core set of clients for whom she conducts
annual research studies. In addition, she is often hired by other consulting organizations to provide focus
groups and quantitative surveys for their clients.
Measurement programs should drive change.
The premise is simple. Successful companies understand their customers
intimately and then build a strategy based on that understanding. Next, they
align the entire organization around the strategy while remaining flexible
and able to react quickly to market changes. Throughout, they maintain the
integrity of their brand and reputation.
We judge success by our ability to provide information that makes a difference in helping
clients achieve their strategic objectives.
By placing measurement in a broader strategic perspective, we help companies
become learning organizations better prepared to maintain a competitive
Nygreen Management specializes in strategy, customer satisfaction and
brand equity. Keys to success have been:
- Top talent with both business and research experience;
- A virtual organization delivering the best service at a
fraction the cost charged by major firms;
- Partnering with companies in related areas to provide global capabilities.
- Qualitative and quantitative research with target markets, customers
and employees (executive interviews, focus groups, telephone, mail, web);
- Consulting with senior leadership teams on strategy integration and
- Measurement and management training for knowledge transfer to our
- Qualitative Research: Focus groups and experienced in-depth interviewers
- Quantitative Research: In-person, telephone, mail and web-based surveys
- Customer Needs Analysis, Customer Satisfaction and Baldrige Audits
- Employee Research: Both internal customer and climate surveys
- Strategy and Balanced Scorecard measurement systems
- Positioning, Reputation Management and Global Brand Equity Tracking.
- Training -- Training programs on Balanced Scorecard Implementation and process improvement
"We always say that if you had three numbers to live by, they'd be
employee satisfaction, customer satisfaction and cash flow."
-- Jack Welsh
Partnerships with other specialized firms
in order to have a short- and long-term bottom line impact for our clients:
- by creating systems that allow them to quickly sense and
respond to market changes
- by identifying the optimal level of customer
satisfaction that translates into loyalty and increased share of wallet
- by developing focus and consistency of direction
throughout the organization so everyone is working toward the same goal
- by training organizations to maintain the systems and
approaches that we put in place
Partner: Metrus Group
Metrus combines a simple yet powerful change process with a
measurement focus that enables our clients to outperform competitors in:
- Speed of implementation
- Quick reaction time to changing conditions
- Quality of products and services
- Greater innovation and anticipation of future opportunities
We are experts in the balanced scorecard process, employee surveys and
change management. Our professionals have impressive academic credentials and
years of experience in helping clients to achieve substantial results.
Metrus Principals: Dr. William Schiemann and Dr. John Lingle
Partner: COMQuest Research
Our mission at COMQuest is to help our clients decode and interpret vital
data in order to enhance their understanding of their products, image and the
marketplace in which they interact, in ways they could not have done before.
COMQuest is a full service research partner offering a complete range of
- Ad evaluation
- Ad tracking
- Brand equity
- Channel analysis
- Market demand
- Mystery shopping
- Product/service configuration
COMQuest Principal: Gary Ocher
Partner: Excellerated Performance
Excellerated Performance provides consulting in professional development by
helping clients acquire, develop and apply habits of excellence. Clients span
the private and public sector and all industries. We are a member of a 400+
affiliate network that provides training in:
- Strategic Thinking and Business Planning
- Executive Leadership
- Leadership, Management and Supervision
- Sales Development
- Customer Service
- Time Strategies
Excellerated Performance Principal: Michael Caceci
Comments. . .
"Nancy has conducted Wharton's stakeholder surveys since 1993. She goes
out of her way to understand our needs, and is always available and responsive
to our requests; but most importantly her analysis provides real value to the
School. She is able to take a lot of data and provide clear, insightful
recommendations. Overall, Nygreen Measurement is easy to work with and
provides a great deal of value."
Scott Douglass, former Dean of Administration, The Wharton School
"Nancy Nygreen served as a Reviewer for this program for
four years. She worked with organizations in the private sector to
assess and evaluate their leadership and management systems as well as
recommend management strategies and processes for their improvement. Her work
is characterized by professionalism, sound knowledge of management systems and
an exceptional ability to work well with clients to enable them to achieve
their goals for success."
Barbara Ann Harms, Executive Director, New York State ESA Quality Award
2016 -- What's Happening Now
Nancy's practice continues to be predominantly customer-focused research. Since 2015, she has
active assignments in higher education, technology, restaurants, and nonprofits.
Nancy closed her retail empire in early 2014, deciding to retire from the bead store business after having owned stores in Providence RI and White Plains NY.
Nancy continues to be an avid equestrian; her horse is named Halle; she visits the barn every day she's in town, but
professionally, customer research is still her passion (and expertise!)
Incidentally, Nancy's husband (Ted) retired in September 2015 and she has put him to work on several client projects already!