Nygreen Family Website
Ted Nygreen, Ph.D.
Bedford, NY 10549-4238
|Photo October 2014
Nygreen's Rotarian Biography
- Joined the Rotary Club of White Plains in August 1999
- Elected RCWP Treasurer in 2000
- Elected RCWP Secretary in 2001
- Created the club website at https://rotaryWP.org in August 2001
- Automated all Club recordkeeping using a database on the website
- Served as AG for Communications during DG Bob Benson's year (2002-2003) and created the District 7230
website in August 2002
- Elected RCWP Vice President in 2004
- Served as RCWP President in 2007-2008
- Served as AG in 2008-2009 and 2009-2010
- Attended R.I. Convention in 2007 (Salt Lake) and 2018 (Toronto)
- Attended "On To Bermuda" in 2001 and 2007
- Attended RLI Parts 1, 2, and 3 (2001, 2002, 2003)
- Participated in PETS by organizing presentations on duties of the club secretary and use of the website
from 2003 through 2006
- Served on the RCWP Board of Directors (since 2000) and as webmaster for
- Served as District webmaster from 2002 until 2015 when DG Del Monte shut down the
- Paul Harris Fellow (+8)
- TRF Major Donor Level 1 (2011), Level 2 (2021)
- Paul Harris Society member, 2014-present
- Trustee, Rotary District 7230 Foundation, Inc., 2012-2015
- "Rotarian of the Year" 2015 award from District 7230
- Currently (since 2015) Executive Director and Webmaster of the Rotary Club of White Plains,
remaining active with the club although having resigned from Rotary effective June 30, 2015,
after the District website was shut down by an imperious District Governor...
-- End Rotary --
Other Board Service
- Director, A&J Economos Charitable Foundation, 2003-present.
- Served on the Board of Directors of the Westchester Chapter of the American Red Cross from 2001 through
2007. Served as Treasurer, and received the Samuel J. Friedman Humanitarian Award from the Red Cross in 2007.
- Served on the Board of Directors of JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) from 2005 through 2011
as a member of the executive committee, as Treasurer and then Secretary for the Board.
Received JDRF award for Outstanding Service in 2011.
- Active in Town of Bedford, serving on the Town's Communications Advisory Committee,
and serving as Secretary and webmaster for the Bedford Democratic Committee.